Saturday, December 26, 2009

Lava Base Tutorial

I finished my lava base for Brunak, here's a pic:

Step one: Glue sand to your base using PVA glue. I use Elmer's. Sorry no pic.
Step two: Basecoat the sand yellow.
Step three: Wetbrush orange onto sand. Wetbrushing is the same as drybrushing, only you use more paint, that way it does get into some of the cracks but not all. Sorry, no pic again.

Step four: Drybrush black onto your base. I actually used FolkArt Wrought Iron, but I'm sure black is fine. Make sure you can still see quite a bit of orange on your base.

When done it should look like the image at the top. I probably should add a little more black because as is it looks not very solid.

1 comment:

  1. Great Job!

    Have you considered painting the brown rim black? That might make the base look more like solidified lava.

    ReplyDelete