Friday, June 18, 2010

New Heroscape Base Size

If you haven't heard already, there's an uproar over the new 1 inch bases for Wave D2. You can see the opinions of the Heroscapers community here.

Basically, WotC cut off 2 mm of plastic off the bases. The official reason is to make the miniatures viable to other miniature gamers. Other reasons that are suspected, but not officially stated by WotC is that the new bases will obviously save cost. However, some HSers, especially anti-D&D people, seem to think this is Wizards way of saying that they are using Heroscape as a D&D skirmish game.

Personally, this change means nothing to me. I plan to rebase all of my figures onto Privateer Press bases eventually anyways. I do not see this as Wizards trying to make Heroscape into D&D. I support the D&D Heroscape line, the figures are great and so are the new abilities. I can't wait until August comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment